Monday, February 7, 2011

Judev: A crusader against conversions

Varun is being condemned before his so-called crime was investigated and tried in a court of law. The Election Commission in his case acted in post-haste and functioned as a complainant, investigator, forensic expert, prosecutor, and the court? all by itself. He was not accorded the opportunity to defend himself which is his right.

We in BJP have always respected the freedom of every individual to have faith in any religion and adopt any mode of worship. My stand against conversion is too obvious and well known. I will not allow a single dalit to be converted through coercion and allurements.

Shri Dalip Singh Judev is much more than just a BJP candidate for Bilaspur parliamentary constituency in Chhattisgarh. Although an erstwhile Jashpur ruler, in reality he is a faqir owing less property (worth Rs 1.70 crore) than does his opponent (worth Rs. 2.47 crore), Dr. Renu Jogi, wife of former CM Shri Ajit Jogi. He is an untiring crusader against conversions on false promises, through coercion and allurements. He is a person who himself washes the feet of the tribals who return to their religion on realising that they had been misled into it. He is perhaps the only person in the world on whom more than a lakh youth have reportedly applied tilak with their own blood offering their support to his crusade. Amba Charan Vashishth spoke to Shri Judev during his hectic campaign in Bilaspur a few days back. Excerpts:

What does it mean to you, fighting as the BJP candidate for the Bilaspur Lok Sabha seat?
It means a lot to me. I am a disciplined soldier of BJP. I have always taken-up my position at whatever post of duty I was assigned by the Party to fight.

I feel overwhelmed by the love, affection and trust with which the party has nominated me to contest. I am equally overwhelmed by the faith of the people with which they are supporting me in every way. Equally beholden I am to the rank and file of the party sweating it out for me at this hour.

Now that Congress has ?substituted? its candidate with Smt. Renu Jogi as its candidate, the contest has become interesting. How do you see this challenge?
It is no challenge at all. With the support of the people I shall defeat the Congress. That is sure.

Now that a woman is your main opponent in the election, do you see it as an advantage or disadvantage?
I am looking at it as an electoral fight to win. I am not concerned who is my rival ? a man or a woman. For me my opponent is not Smt. Renu Jogi, it is only the Congress. This feeling is also shared by the electorates in the constituency. Actually Shri Jogi is waging a proxy electoral fight against me.

But why did the Congress not nominated Shri Jogi and instead fielded his wife?
It is for the Congress to explain. But to me, it looks, the Congress thought he was a losing candidate and had many minus points. So they did not bet for him and preferred his wife.

How does it make an effect in the elections?
Nothing at all. For all intents and purposes, for me and for the people Shri Ajit Jogi is the candidate. People will make Smt Jogi to pay for the sins of her husband.

Then why was she nominated?
It appears to be their strategy. They know we Indians respect women the most. Because of this our opponents are repeating the old trick which our foreign invaders used in similar circumstances when faced with imminent defeat. They would put a row of women or cows to stand in the front row of their troops. They knew Indian forces will never use their weapons against women and cows. Our opponents have adopted that very strategy. But the Congress leaders should also not forget that our forces adopted some other techniques to defeat their enemies. BJP will defeat Shri Ajit Jogi and the Congress decisively frustrating all their ill designs.

Congress is alleging that you are an ?outsider? for this seat. What would you say?
It is again a ploy by Shri Ajit Jogi and the Congress who are trying to befool the people. They have nothing to say against me and the BJP. Congress has always adopted the ?divide and rule? policy of the British. It was because of this that the Congress was able to rule the country for so long. But now the people have seen through their game. By raising this bogey they have indirectly admitted their defeat beforehand. In desperation they are now trying to divide Chhattisgarh into regions, castes, creeds and dialects. But their game will not succeed. People know Judev and know that for me the whole of Chhattisgarh is one for all intents and purposes socially, culturally and historically.

In these circumstances, what is your main strategy?
My strategy is simple. To defeat Shri Ajit Jogi for whatever he stands for. I will be exposing all his lies and wrongs he has done to the State and its people.

We in BJP have always respected the freedom of every individual to have faith in any religion and adopt any mode of worship. My stand against conversion is too obvious and well known. I will not allow a single dalit to be converted through coercion and allurements. I have always welcomed with open arms by cleansing the feet, with my own hands, of all those who had been made to go astray on false promises.

By ?substituting? its earlier candidate with Smt. Renu Jogi, the Congress has tried to polarise the elections between those who support and those who oppose conversions. Of all the 11 parliamentary constituencies in Chhattisgarh, Congress President Smt. Sonia Gandhi has singled out Bilaspur only for her election campaign. This message is clear and loud to the people and they have seen through the Congress intentions. BJP is fully geared up to defeat their design.

What is your strength?
My strength is my people, my party, my own conviction, my determination to serve the people at all costs and the righteousness of my stand. Truth will prevail, I am sure.

Would you like to say something on Varun episode?
Invoking of NSA against Varun is palpably wrong. This has obviously been done only to prevent Varun from fighting the election himself and campaigning for BJP. My only regret is that he is being condemned before his so-called crime was investigated and tried in a court of law. The Election Commission in his case acted in post haste and functioned as a complainant, investigator, forensic expert, prosecutor, and the court ? all by itself. He was not accorded the opportunity to defend himself which is his right. The Union Government is providing every help, assistance and opportunity to Kasab involved in 26/11 terrorist attack on Mumbai to defend himself and prove himself innocent, but denying it to Varun.

Railway Minister Lalu Prasad Yadav had said that had he been Home Minister, he would have crushed Varun under a roadroller come what may. Would you like to comment?
What Shri Lalu Prasad has said is no less a crime than that alleged against Varun. Lalu cannot be treated differently and the least that should be done is to give the same treatment as given to Varun. EC too is now in the dock.

What will your victory mean?
It will be a defeat of the forces which were playing a divisive vote bank politics and of those who had failed to curb prices, to curb terrorism, and of those who are responsible for making thousands of farmers to commit suicides.

No comments:

Post a Comment